For the Fall/Winter season 2011 Carhartt releases the Blackbird Fly camera in collaboration with japanese company PowerShovel.
PowerShovel was founded for one reason only: a sheer passion for analogue photography. For Carhartt they are now producing one of their most beautiful models – the Blackbird Fly – in a distinctively Carhartt design.
The Blackbird Fly is modelled on the classic twin-lens medium format camera Rolleiflex, the double-barrel 35-mm-film camera used by Andy Warhol and James Dean. Its old-fashioned style is guaranteed to bring the pleasure of analogue photography back to every vintage enthusiast. The Carhartt version is released in a nice military green. The camera’s casing is made from high-quality plastics. It features the following technical stats:
- Lens: f/ 33mm/photo lens
- Shutter speed: 1/125
- Aperture: f7 (cloudy) f11 (fine weather)
- Focus: visual distance estimated measurement (0.8/1.5/2/2.5/3/4/5/10/∞)
- Weight: body 210g/case 30g
- Film type: 135 (35mm) film
- Camera type: 65 mm twin-lens reflex camera